Do you believe in ghosts? I cannot honestly answer that question. I’m open to the possibility but that is based upon the experiences of others rather than anything that I have personally witnessed. Stories from people who I trust have certainly made me wish for a personal encounter.
A friend of mine has had several unnerving experiences with ghosts. One each in her hotel room in Coronado, California and in Talbott’s Inn in Bardstown, KY were very convincing. The first was the sound of a moaning woman repeatedly throughout the night in what turned out to be a haunted room well known to the hotel. The other, closer to home, was a chair moving and banging to the floor with no one touching it.
My daughter once took a photo of a covered bridge in Indiana and when she looked at it later there were two people in the picture who were definitely not there when the photo was taken. Both the photographer and another witness can testify that there was no one on the bridge. The man and woman in the photo have on period work clothes and look at ease. Here is that unaltered photo.
I cannot explain such phenomena, can any of you? I’d love to hear your thoughts, experiences or opinions.
“I love crime, I love mysteries, and I love ghosts.” Stephen King
I remember when my mother at about my age talked about time being on “fast forward.” That was during the days of cassette tapes and when she said that I could picture time chugging ahead at full speed. I agreed with her that time was flying by. Sadly when she was a few years older and living in an extended care facility she said that time was passing so slowly, the days and nights were very long.
I often think of the mystery of time.
- What is it?
- Where does it go?
- Does it fly?
- Or, does it crawl by?
- What makes the difference?
It seems we just celebrated the various holidays of December, yet we are into the second month of the new year, the new decade. To me, time is flying, yet some days seem long. Time is a mystery.
Photos by Pixabay
Mystery Blogger Nomination
I am so honored to have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award! Thank you to Sharvi who nominated me. Please check out her blog “Tips from Sharvi.” It will make your life easier. https://tipsfromsharvi.com/about/
Here are my answers to Sharvi’s questions to me:
1. What motivates you to blog? Exchanging thoughts and experiences with others.
2. Do you actually follow your set blogging schedule? I do not have a schedule. That would make it seem like work.
3. Who inspires you the most? Other bloggers and people of courage who I learn about inspire me, but most of all I must say are my readers.
4. Which is your favourite vacation destination? Anywhere in nature, but especially the ocean.
5. Funny one… Honestly, can you sneeze with your eyes wide open? First, try it out to see. If you can, then teach me how to! I can say with certainty that it cannot be done!
The Mystery Award was created by Okoto Enigma who has a delightful blog about “Lifestyle, Beauty and Fashion.” Check it out and learn more about her and this special award. https://www.okotoenigmasblog.com
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me
- I have been fortunate to have traveled to many different countries.
- Other than my family the thing that brings me the most joy is nature.
- I love to write and blogging is a wonderful way to share thoughts, doubts, questions and experiences with others. I cannot imagine being conformed by one subject.
Bloggers Who I nominate for the Mystery Award
- Beauty Beyond Bones https://beautybeyondbones.com
- Life Just Happens https://lifejusthappensweb.wordpress.com/author/debmrst/
- Parallax https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/46393402
- The DIHEDRAL https://thedihedral.com
- Christine’s Collection https://christinegoodnough.com/about/
- The Struggle https://thestruggle247.wordpress.com
- Elan Mudrow https://tricksterchase.com/about-2/
- Tom’s Nature Up Close Photography and Mindfulness Blog https://tom8pie.com
- Memoire of a Writer https://thememoirofawriter.com/2019/05/12/what-you-too-qotd/
- Ankit Verma https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/105525070/posts/574
- Sandstorm Click https://sandstormclick.wordpress.com/2019/05/11/pinata-time/
Questions for My Nominees
- What influenced you to start blogging?
- Have you ever thought of discontinuing your blog?
- What do you do when you are not writing?
- What is your biggest challenge to blogging?
- And, the “weird” one: If you were not a human what do you think you’d be?
My Ten Best Posts (in my opinion)
- The Landing https://crookedcreek.live/2016/09/02/jacksonville-landing/
- The Good Wife https://crookedcreek.live/2016/09/03/the-good-wife/
- Phillip https://crookedcreek.live/2016/09/27/little-blue-bird/
- To Read https://crookedcreek.live/2016/09/07/to-read/
- Death – Decisions https://crookedcreek.live/2017/01/25/death-decisions/
- The Half Has Never Been Told https://crookedcreek.live/2019/02/01/book-review-2/
- Spring https://crookedcreek.live/2019/04/15/spring/
- New Harmony 2 https://crookedcreek.live/2019/04/08/new-harmony-2/
- Solar Eclipse https://crookedcreek.live/2017/08/23/solar-eclipse/
- The Green Book https://crookedcreek.live/2018/12/16/movie-review-2/
I look forward to hearing from my nominees and seeing their responses. Again, thank you Sharvi for the nomination!
If you are a regular follower of Crooked Creek, you may recall my mentioning the Goatman a few times. As Halloween approaches, I want to give you a full introduction to the half-man and half-goat. This creature, known as a satyr has frightened generations in this southeastern Jefferson County community. He resides near the trestle at Pope Lick pictured below. The picture of the actual Goatman is borrowed from a sign I saw in Pope Lick Park last fall. He has to be real or there could not be a photo, right?
I’m not sure how a creature of Greek mythology came to reside here in Kentucky, but he is well known and feared. Such beasts are known for their drunkenness and lust and if you want to know more, you’ll have to check him out outline because this is a PG13 blog! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyr
Many times train conductors have seen adventurers on the trestle in search of the Goatman. Sadly a woman died in 2016 when she and her friend were exploring on the track. The man was able to survive by lying between the ties, but the woman was struck and plunged to her death below the trestle. http://www.wdrb.com/story/31800606/woman-dies-after-being-hit-by-train-on-pope-lick-train-trestle
If you are brave enough to search this Halloween.
Mystery to Solve
My readers are smart and always quick with comments so I’m sure I’ll get the help that I need to solve this mystery. I just want to know why all my tee shirts get one tiny hole in the same place, lower front. I don’t even care about prevention, I just need the answer as to how it happens. It has been on my mind for years now!
Does this happen to you?
Yes, I do realize there are more important things to worry about, so don’t bother to throw that out, okay? I also care about nuclear weapons, water pollution and the hole in the ozone.
“Don’t become a mere recorder of facts but try to penetrate the mystery of their origin.” Ivan Pavlov